Wednesday, February 24, 2010
The Day I Almost Forgot
The day was a typical Saturday. I had just finished a pancake and sausage breakfast and I was going to play outside. I was just getting my roller blades on when I noticed my favorite book, The Mysterious Benedict Society sitting on the bench beside me. I thought "Who left that book out here?" That reminded me that I was selected to be in a game show called "Do You Have What It Takes?" about The Mysterious Benedict Society trilogy. That event was Saturday. "Wait a second," I said. "If the show is Saturday, and today is Saturday. Yikes! What time is it Mom?" I called. "10:30," was her reply. "Doesn't the show start at 11:00?" I asked. "Yes," she answered. "Mom! Get in the car!" I yelled. "We're gonna' be late!" "I'm coming!" She called as she ran down the stairs. My mom and I raced to the quiz show and got there just in time for the first question. I whizzed through all the questions. "What's Kate's last name?" "Wetherall." "What's Sticky's real name?" "George Washington." And many others. Finally we get to the last question. "Where was Mr. Benedict born" I think " That's easy," and answer, "Holland!" "Yoou are.......CORRECT" I jump up and down like crazy. It was so funny that I almost forgot the best day of my life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment